THE 2019 CAEA MEMBERS TRAVELING ART SHOW “ARTCAPADES” INFORMATION
”Artcapades” is 2019’s CAEA Traveling Art Show brings contemporary art exhibits to 5 small towns and communities in Colorado. ”Artcapades” is created to be shown in galleries, coffee houses, courthouses, community centers, schools, or where ever artwork can be accommodated in a community.
SEE VISUAL INFORMATION ABOVE. WORK MAY BE VERTICAL OR HORIZONTAL
PLAY BY THE RULES
• Only ONE 4" X 6" work per artist in a frame that DOES NOT EXCEED 12”H X 12”W X 3”D. PORTIONS OF THE ELEMENTS IN THE 4" X 6” work may extend beyond the boundries of the actual work but, not to the frame edge.
• The work may be any medium. Make something new and interesting. It may be a photo, sculpy, collage, mixed media, drawing, painting, 3-D print, found objects and whatever you think is cool.
• On the back of each work legibly, put your name, address, city, phone number, email address, title of work, media, and price. If a work sells, you get the full amount. CAEA will not take a commission. Now, the place that is offering it's space for the show may take a commission.
• Use braided or twisted picture wire to hang the work securely fastened with screw eyes (don't use tiny screw eyes, they won't hold) or “D” rings attached to the frame. Some metal frames have connection for hanging picture wire. If you must use sawtooth hangers, make sure they are securely attached to the frame with screws or nails that are long enough. Don’t use tape, string, or hot glue to attach just the picture wire to the frame. Be professional
• All work must be protected with glass or acrylic (preferred) covering the whole front of the work
• Work must hang on the wall not sit on a pedestal or a table.
NOTE: The works are going to be handled several times so things can happen. All care will be taken but, Michael, CAEA, the transporting services, the galleries and display areas are not to be held responsible for damage. You may cover yourself by using your own insurance plan.