Nominate someone outstanding!
Download the forms below. See award categories and descriptions below.
Email award packets to Michael Carroll at email@example.com
Awards Packets are due Sunday, April 1st, 2018
PLEASE Note: When you click on the following links, the form will go to your downloads folder.
(A blank screen may open up, but you will have to look in your downloads folder to open the document.)
The CAEA Awards Program…
Honoring those who create a lasting impression on the future through visual arts education.
Awards Program Objectives:
- To recognize excellence in the many outstanding individuals, state associations, and programs of CAEA.To focus professional attention on quality art education and exemplary art educators.
- To increase public awareness of the importance of quality art education.
- To set standards for quality art education and show how they can be achieved.
- To provide tangible recognition of achievement, earn respect of colleagues, and enhance professional opportunities for CAEA members.
- Colorado Art Educator of the Year
- Division Art Educator Awards: Rookie (taught less than 5 years), Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Private/Charter/Independent, Museum, Higher Education, Supervision/Administration, Retired
- Marion Quin Dix Leadership Award Distinguished Service Within the Profession Award
- Distinguished Service Outside the Profession Award
- Distinguished Leadership Award
- Elliot Eisner Doctoral Research Award in Art Education
- Presidential Citation Award 4
- Committee on Multiethnic Concerns (COMC),
- J. Eugene Grigsby, Jr. Award
- Lowenfeld Award
- Charles M. Robertson Memorial Scholarship
- State/Province Association/Issues Group Newsletter Award
- State/Province Association/Issues Group Website Award
- The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC), VSA Peter J. Geisser Special Needs Art Educator of the Year Award
- NAEA, The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC), VSA Beverly Levett Gerber Special Needs Lifetime Achievement Award
*For detailed descriptions of awards and requirements, please view the NAEA Awards Program Booklet at http://www.arteducators.org/grants/naea-awards. Awards requirements and descriptions are the same at the state level as the national level. However, materials are submitted to CAEA, not NAEA.
Who May Nominate?
Individual CAEA Members, State Associations and Special Issues Groups may make nominations.
Who is Eligible?
CAEA members who meet the established criteria are eligible to be nominated for awards. However, membership is not required for the Eisner Lifetime Achievement, Distinguished Service Outside the Profession and Distinguished Leadership Awards.
What should I submit?
Necessary nomination materials may vary. Please refer to individual award descriptions for submissions requirements. However, the majority of the awards, including the Colorado Art Educator of the Year and the Division Art Educator of the Year Awards, require:
- Completed nomination form.
- Completed VITA Form. No resumes will be accepted.
- Official letter of nomination.
- 1 of 2 letters of recommendation and support.
- 2 of 2 letters of recommendation and support.
- Quality photograph of nominee.
- Each letter is to be limited to one page in length and preferably submitted as a word doc.
- Attached electronic files should be labeled with nominee’s name and subject of attachment, i.e.. John Doe Letter of Rec. #1.
- Complete packets should not exceed 6 pages.
- Extraneous materials will be purged.
Who should write nomination and support letters?
Letters of nomination must be written by the CAEA member who has filled out the official nomination form. Letters supporting the nomination can be written by CAEA members and non-members alike.
Where should I send my nomination?
CAEA Awards nomination materials should be sent in their entirety to the CAEA Awards Chair via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
(preferred method), or by mail to CAEA Awards, 3126 West 112th Court Unit C, Westminster, CO 80031.
Do I need to submit all required documents together?
Whether submitting electronically or by mail, required nomination documents must not be submitted separately. In order for a nomination to be considered complete, all necessary materials must be submitted together to the CAEA Awards Chair. If you are making multiple nominations, they can be submitted together as long as they are clearly divided and contain all items required for the nomination for each specific award.
Can I submit a nomination electronically?
Yes, this is the preferred method for submissions. Nominations may be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com
. When submitting a nomination digitally, all materials required for nomination must be submitted together digitally in order for the nomination to be considered complete.
Where can I find a digital version of the forms?
A PDF version of nomination forms can be found at: www.arteducators.org
. In order to save these forms after you have completed them digitally, you must have the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. CAEA Nomination Form
What is the deadline for Awards submission?
Complete award packets must be submitted on or by April 1st, unless otherwise stated. This timeline allows the selection committees sufficient time to review documentation, verify membership, and make final decisions.
How are Awards recipients selected?
CAEA verifies that all nominees are eligible and that nomination packets are complete. Nominations are then judged according to rubrics that have been created specific to each award category. All nominees and nominators are then notified of the results. Official results are posted on the CAEA website toward the end of each summer, along with notification of the Fall Conference details.
Please Note: If no nominees meet the criteria for a specific award, a recipient will not be selected. In addition, the selection committee reserves the right to deny an award in any category.
When are the Awards presented?
Awards are presented at the CAEA Fall Conference at an awards dinner honoring all award recipients.
Who should I contact for further information?
CAEA Awards Program questions can be directed to CAEA Awards Chair Kim Williams , 3126 West 112th Unit C, Westminster, CO 80031, firstname.lastname@example.org